Skip to main content

My Suicide Story.

Hello dearest people!

I'm excited to be here today to give you a peek into my daily waka. I'm sure the excitement is mutual, right? 

Before we go into the gist of today, I'd like to share a great stuff that happened to me this week with y'all. I was in the church some 48 hours ago to meet up with a dear friend. On my arrival, I saw that a rescue mission was ongoing for some abandoned poor kittens. Of course, I didn't join them at first; I sat and watched while they deliberated on how to get the last kitten out of a long standing  rectangular box it had fallen into. At first, I watched them, then, I decided to participate in helping out.

Do you know what I did? After the men had tried out all the tricks to bring out the kitten but couldn't, I, lepacious Esther, volunteered to go into the box to bring out the kitten. Lol. The only way to that box was through the roof. It was a bit daunting at first, buuuut, by God's special grace, 😂 , your girl did it; I climbed up the roof, descended into the long box which was about twice my height (I'm 5.4 ft tall) and brought out the kitten. Lest I forget, my friend who I came to see spurred me on but not without looking at me like I was weird. Was I? Anyways, my slim stature did me proud that evening. 😉

To the gist of today about suicide, there was a time before I met Jesus that I struggled with the thoughts of dying at a particular age, it got to a time that I got used to the thought and believed it. However, that thought didn't happen after that age because God had different plans for me. Few years after, God worked out my salvation and I thought I was free until last year, 2018. 

I had just received a distress call that evening on my way from work. I had a very long day at work that same day and was in an emotional roller coaster too. It was like a Nigerian rice concoction people. I was to use a pedestrian bridge to cross to the other side where I'd use a bus home. On the bridge, I looked down and suddenly felt so attracted to the ground. I felt it would be cool to jump off the bridge and just end all the stress at once jare. But my Best Friend who knows it all was there to snap me out of that wrong thought. He brought some scriptural verses to my heart that evening, I  got my victory and didn't jump off that bridge. 

The essence of sharing this with you today is so you'll know that you can't overcome those wrong thoughts without the presence of the Holy Spirit in your life. Every act started as a thought. The Holy Spirit can only come in to help you when you truly have Jesus in your life. Dear reader, it's not too late to rededicate your life to Jesus and ask Him to walk with you.

You know, as I went down to pick that kitten up in the first story, the same way, Jesus went down into hell to fight sin and death for you. What is left is that you accept the salvation He's offering you. Let Him save you today. Just say, “Jesus, I accept Your plans for me, please come into my life.” If you said the prayer, please join a Bible believing church around you and talk to the Pastor in charge. 

Thank you for reading as always, Jesus loves you a lot, I do too. 

Till you read from me again, cheers! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Checked On Me.

Hello dear friends, it's been a more than three days something, right? Please, pardon me; many chips came down at almost the same time, however, I specifically thank God for the grace He's blessed me with, and the people builders He deliberately placed around me for such a time as this! So, let's  go into the gist of tonight: In the year 2017, I became friends with Tolu Josh(real name) during a youth national convention. We grew into being good friends from the casual level things. He probably would have liked that we went past the platonic stage, but I didn't take too much notice. Some months into our friendship, my phone was stolen and I had to use a makeshift phone. During the time I used the makeshift, Tolu called to check on me having not heard from me for a while. I picked the call, did like I knew it was him and appreciated him. I did that because I'd eventually know the person las las 😂. Afterwards, I went further and saved his name on the makeshift as

HONESTLY, HE SAW IT.

Hello guys!!! I have missed jisting you all about my daily activities. The reason is not far-fetched---- work schedules have been so tasking. You know, we have been given a target to make which means all hands are on deck to make this work. So, if you have anyone who is interested in doing ICT courses, please send my number (07080256903) to them, and I will be glad to attend to them. I am an IT Career Consultant, and I'll do my best to let them know what's best for them as regards the IT world. So to the gist of today, I found myself thinking about an incident that happened some months back. Sit back, relax and read. LOL! I had to see a friend in my neighborhood one cool evening, so I dressed up and got set to leave. Suddenly, I felt the urge to use the loo- I wanted to do the minor( to pee). Normally, I was supposed to go straight to the loo to do the minor in time and get on my way but I felt I could do it right there in the compound. So I took a bold but foolish step

MOUTH ACCIDENT.

Hello everyone, trust you had a great night. I thank God for keeping us all through the night, He is worthy to be praised. Clears throat! So I went for a carol service in my mum's church yesterday, and trust me, I had a good time(lol). I felt at the time I joined the service that God planned it for me as a gift specially from Him to me,don't be jealous; ask for yours too. Earlier yesterday, my mum had sent me two songs to listen to and know word for word(musically, we call that scoring a song). Honestly guys, I didn't score the songs as I was supposed to. Reason was I had my hands full at my desk, what I did was just to listen to one of the songs so as to be able to sing along. I wasn't self aware that my mum was serious when she told me that I'd be a guest in her own church, and would be leading the two songs(oops!). Seconds turned into minutes, minutes into hours and finally, the awaited time came. We got to the Church about 30 minutes into the programme a