Skip to main content

PLEASE ADVICE ME

Hello,

Good afternoon to you.

Trust you are fine.

I'm sounding formal, right?

Lol, don't mind me.

Something happened in my office today. I've been out of mobile data for some days. A senior colleague here in the office volunteered to get lunch for us on his pocket. My Best Friend suggested that I declared that I was going monetize mine, but I was shy! By the time the Office Assistant returned with the meal and balance for everyone, it is the exact amount I need to buy my data. Now I'm thinking if anyone would buy the meal from me. It pays to listen and obey when the Holy Spirit talks mehn!

Sighs. I wish I obeyed my Best Friend, He is the Holy Ghost.

You know, there is this friend of mine, I'll call him Dez. I met Dez last year March. We started on a good note and became really close as a result. Honestly, from the start of the friendship, Dez made his intentions known to me. He pointed out that he wants a relationship that will lead to marriage. Of course, I was happy but careful. I gave consent to the friendship but told him to give me time to ask my best friend. You know, I've been in some really awesome friendships with the opposite sex. But my friendship with Dez was really on point. One thing that I don't do is I don't waste people's time when they approach me for friendship or a marital relationship, I give a straight 'yes' or 'no' after getting consent from Bestie. I was happy to tell my Best Friend about it since personally, I had approved of Dez as a Fiancee.

Despite all the great attributes Dez had and still has, it was strange to me that my Best friend disapproved of us being in a deeper relationship. Of course, I asked and gave my reasons, but got no response or maybe I was too engrossed to get any response. I got back to Dez about what my best Friend said, Dez was nice after that, but all of a sudden, he did all he could to stop us from being friends.It was in the course of this that I discovered my Best Friend's reasons for not agreeing with me. This doesn't cancel the truth that Dez is a very sweet and nice person, we just did not work out.

I can be a very serious friend, I take my friendship serious and love to do a long-term friendship( New friends that I will be making, kindly take note). I pressed further in this friendship, and we got back some of those times.

Guess what? Dez sent me a message yesterday how he does not want me to check on him anymore and the likes... Trust, it affected my morning yesterday. Right now, I'm at loss; should I pursue the friendship as like before? Should I let him have his way? Or should I also tell him I don't want to be his friend anymore? I have so many 'should I's going up here.

I honestly need your pieces of advice.

I am Busolami.

Don't forget to share, like and comment.

Pray for me too.

God bless you.

Comments

  1. if Bestie says no, don't force a yes...
    if Dez doesn't appreciate your friendship, don't push him.....he might start thinking what is not

    its obvious he's not mature enough to handle 'rejection' or simply put; a 'no' to his request. if he believes his best way to cope is to severe your friendship, give him the space. I trust God in you to be as sweet-and firm- as ever when (notice its not an 'if'?) He comes back seeking your friendship.

    love to read from you sis. ....Good work here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh T.M, your response is so full.

      Thanks a lot sis.

      Thanks for the encouragement to get better.

      God bless you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Checked On Me.

Hello dear friends, it's been a more than three days something, right? Please, pardon me; many chips came down at almost the same time, however, I specifically thank God for the grace He's blessed me with, and the people builders He deliberately placed around me for such a time as this! So, let's  go into the gist of tonight: In the year 2017, I became friends with Tolu Josh(real name) during a youth national convention. We grew into being good friends from the casual level things. He probably would have liked that we went past the platonic stage, but I didn't take too much notice. Some months into our friendship, my phone was stolen and I had to use a makeshift phone. During the time I used the makeshift, Tolu called to check on me having not heard from me for a while. I picked the call, did like I knew it was him and appreciated him. I did that because I'd eventually know the person las las 😂. Afterwards, I went further and saved his name on the makeshift as

HONESTLY, HE SAW IT.

Hello guys!!! I have missed jisting you all about my daily activities. The reason is not far-fetched---- work schedules have been so tasking. You know, we have been given a target to make which means all hands are on deck to make this work. So, if you have anyone who is interested in doing ICT courses, please send my number (07080256903) to them, and I will be glad to attend to them. I am an IT Career Consultant, and I'll do my best to let them know what's best for them as regards the IT world. So to the gist of today, I found myself thinking about an incident that happened some months back. Sit back, relax and read. LOL! I had to see a friend in my neighborhood one cool evening, so I dressed up and got set to leave. Suddenly, I felt the urge to use the loo- I wanted to do the minor( to pee). Normally, I was supposed to go straight to the loo to do the minor in time and get on my way but I felt I could do it right there in the compound. So I took a bold but foolish step