Skip to main content

AM I NEOPHOBIC?

Hello everyone!

Compliments of the season to you all. I am certainly sure that you all had wonderful time during the holidays; I did too. It was an all-rest and all-God holiday if you know what I mean..

I also deem it fit to apologize for the silence of many days, please find it in your beautiful mind to forgive me.

So to the gist of today, I resumed work at my new station last week. I have this phobia of going to new places. Reason is I do not get to know those places immediately until I visit the same place at least twice. Whew! You know, if I have my way, I would prefer not to go to new places alone; I would rather go with those who know the destination well.

I had left my previous work station to resume the new place. Getting the bus to convey me was a big challenge. After I found myself a bus, my eyes were widely opened(I find sleeping in the bus very interesting, lol!) so as not to sleep and go past my destination. I alighted from the bus shakily, not sure of where I was heading to. Amidst my confusion, I asked the next person for where I was headed, got the description and started the next journey.

I told the driver the street I was heading to, not knowing that it is a very long street. All my thought was I would alight at the gate gently. I didn't know that there were many routes to this same street. Instead of asking the driver for where I was or even telling him to drop me, I kept to myself and assured myself that the last thing that would happen is that the driver would drop me at the end of the street. You know, I had been to this new station sometimes last year, the only landmarks I pinpointed was the the way the roads were tarred, and the way the pedestrian walkway was built. I know you may be wondering why I didn't look out for my landmark; of course, I did, the road and landmarks just looked so alike.

The long and short of it all was the driver dropped me at another place very far from where I was suppose to be. When the driver parked, he gave me a questioning look that said "What are you still doing here Madam?" I pretended like I didn't understand the question and asked if we had gotten to where I was headed. Immediately, the guy knew I was a JJC(Johnny Just Come) Lol! He of course lambasted me, and I humbly took it in and drank water on it. In his good decision, He dropped me off at the beginning of the very long street I was headed. Then I started to trek from house 1, I was heading to house 148. No one advised me before I boarded another vehicle who dropped me where the previous driver turned into the street. Of course, I ran late and I overspent that particular day.

Stop fidgeting guys, confront your fears so that it won't cost you more than you've bargained for.

I am learning how to ask questions and confront my fears, don't be left behind.

Watch out for the gist I have for you tomorrow.

God bless you richly.

I am Busolami.

Comments


  1. Stop fidgeting guys, confront your fears so that it won't cost you more than you've bargained for.
    #TuesdayThoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Folahan Ayotunde, this is a great "take home."

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Checked On Me.

Hello dear friends, it's been a more than three days something, right? Please, pardon me; many chips came down at almost the same time, however, I specifically thank God for the grace He's blessed me with, and the people builders He deliberately placed around me for such a time as this! So, let's  go into the gist of tonight: In the year 2017, I became friends with Tolu Josh(real name) during a youth national convention. We grew into being good friends from the casual level things. He probably would have liked that we went past the platonic stage, but I didn't take too much notice. Some months into our friendship, my phone was stolen and I had to use a makeshift phone. During the time I used the makeshift, Tolu called to check on me having not heard from me for a while. I picked the call, did like I knew it was him and appreciated him. I did that because I'd eventually know the person las las 😂. Afterwards, I went further and saved his name on the makeshift as

HONESTLY, HE SAW IT.

Hello guys!!! I have missed jisting you all about my daily activities. The reason is not far-fetched---- work schedules have been so tasking. You know, we have been given a target to make which means all hands are on deck to make this work. So, if you have anyone who is interested in doing ICT courses, please send my number (07080256903) to them, and I will be glad to attend to them. I am an IT Career Consultant, and I'll do my best to let them know what's best for them as regards the IT world. So to the gist of today, I found myself thinking about an incident that happened some months back. Sit back, relax and read. LOL! I had to see a friend in my neighborhood one cool evening, so I dressed up and got set to leave. Suddenly, I felt the urge to use the loo- I wanted to do the minor( to pee). Normally, I was supposed to go straight to the loo to do the minor in time and get on my way but I felt I could do it right there in the compound. So I took a bold but foolish step

PLEASE ADVICE ME

Hello, Good afternoon to you. Trust you are fine. I'm sounding formal, right? Lol, don't mind me. Something happened in my office today. I've been out of mobile data for some days. A senior colleague here in the office volunteered to get lunch for us on his pocket. My Best Friend suggested that I declared that I was going monetize mine, but I was shy! By the time the Office Assistant returned with the meal and balance for everyone, it is the exact amount I need to buy my data. Now I'm thinking if anyone would buy the meal from me. It pays to listen and obey when the Holy Spirit talks mehn! Sighs. I wish I obeyed my Best Friend, He is the Holy Ghost. You know, there is this friend of mine, I'll call him Dez. I met Dez last year March. We started on a good note and became really close as a result. Honestly, from the start of the friendship, Dez made his intentions known to me. He pointed out that he wants a relationship that will lead to marriage. Of cou